Doctoral Programme in Chemical Sciences and Technology
Objectives and Skills
This is a Doctoral Program with a broad scientific spectrum, which includes professors and lines of research from all the Chemistry departments of Santiago and Vigo: Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry. Therefore, it constitutes an interdisciplinary program in Chemistry, which allows the training of specialized doctors in the numerous fields of work that Chemistry encompasses, as a result of the offer of a wide and diverse range of lines of research and a panel of directors that is also wide and diverse.
It is also intended
to contribute to the information and knowledge society, contributing to the
creation of knowledge in the field of Chemistry.
- CB 11 Systematic understanding of a field of study andresearch skills and methods related to that field.
- CB 12 Ability to conceive, design or create, put into practice and adopt a substantial research or creation process.
- CB 13 Ability to contribute to expanding the frontiers of knowledge through original research.
- CB14 Ability to carry out a critical analysis and evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- CB 15 Ability to communicate with the academic and scientific community and with society in general about their fields of knowledge in the modes and languages commonly used in their international scientific community.
- CB 16 Ability to promote, in academic and professional contexts, scientific, technological, social, artistic or cultural progress within a knowledge-based society.
- CE01 Ability to apply the chemical knowledge acquired to propose and carry out a research project within an applied context, in order to tackle the resolution of a complex problem, defending it through arguments with a specific chemical base that corroborate the solution provided.
- CE02 Ability to develop and execute, as the person in charge, a safety protocol (general rules, handling of toxic or flammable substances, disposal of waste, equipment or instrumentation and facilities) for work in a research and/or development laboratory in the field of Chemistry.
- CE03 Ability to evaluate a research/development/patent/teaching project, etc. of their chemical area of specialization, within the framework of anticipating their possibility of advancing existing knowledge and/or practice.
- CE04 Ability to integrate knowledge when faced with a problem of a chemical nature and acquire the ability to formulate predictable judgments based on initial hypotheses, with information that, although limited, allows various solutions to be proposed, anticipating potential economic and/or environmental risks. and even with ethical implications.
- CE05 Have the technical and scientific competence to obtain precise and reproducible chemical results from which valid conclusions can be drawn in the specific profile of chemical work.
- CE06 Ability to know the scientific advances, the latest techniques and instrumentation related to their specific chemical area of specialization.
- CE07 Ability to update their chemical knowledge autonomously and continuously.
Personal skills and competences
- CA01 Get along in contexts in which there is little specific information.
- CA02 Find the key questions that must be answered to solve a complex problem.
- CA03 Design, create, develop and undertake new and innovative projects in their field of knowledge.
- CA04 Work both in a team and autonomously in an international or multidisciplinary context.
- CA05 Integrate knowledge, deal with complexity and make judgments with limited information.
- CA06 Criticism and intellectual defense of solutions.